We have selected 5 variables to predict who is going to play and win the World Series of 2015. We admit that our variables are overlapping in some instances. For example, big market teams like the CHC, LAD, NYY & NYM will generally have greater team values, higher payrolls and a greater Fan Cost Index (FCI) than smaller market teams such as KC, PIT & TOR. (The FCI is the price of 4 tix, 2 sml beers, 4 soft drinks, 4 reg size hotdogs, 1 parking pass and 2 adjustable adult caps.). Each MLB rank is added for the Total Rank with the lowest Total Rank being the winner in all instances. The results maestro, please,
- The NYY crush the Astros in the WC game! Damn Yankees!
- The NYY then crush KC. Damn Yankees!
- TOR narrowly beats TEX in a close series.
- The Yankees crush TOR, Damn Yankees!
- The CHC evisorate the Pirates.
- STL (unhappily) beats the CHC in a close series.
- The Dodgers make fodder of NYM.
- LAD narrowly beats STL.