How about a 2016 Ford Focus? Perhaps, it’s an avg family’s entire Housing Costs of $16,803 PLUS its Entertainment Costs of $2,572 PLUS it’s Cash Contributions of $1,721 for 1 yr or is it the family’s Transportation Costs of $8,293 PLUS its Food Spend (home & away) of $6,458 its Health Care Costs of $3,313 PLUS its Apparel Spending of $1,740 PLUS PLUS its Education Costs of $1,051 for 1 yr? What about NO, NO and NO! The answer to our silly little question is that $20,843 is the sum of 2 round trip tix from Det to SF (on 2/5/16) and from SF to Det (on 2/8/16), of $2,246 PLUS 2 tix to the Rolling Stone Magazine’s SB 50 Party (2/6/16) of $4,000, PLUS 3 Overnight Hotel Stays at St Andrews in SF (double room) of $2,697, PLUS 2 tailgate tix for SB 50 ($900), PLUS 2 tix for SB 50 at Levis Stadium ($9,000) PLUS $2,000 for Miscellaneous Expenses (transportation food&bev, souvenirs, etc) while at the SB and in SF. The sum again being $20,843±. (By the way $20,843, it also is the costs± for ALL of the above 3 differing purchasing situations. See Bureau of Labor Stats, “Consumer Expenditures” The Ford Focus info came from TheCarConnection.com)
Given that this is already our 3rd pre SB Scope, (Please see Scopes Vol 25 Iss 88, dated 10/13/15 & Vol 25 Iss 92, published 10/26/15). Here are some OTHER snippets of info about SB 50’s ostentation & its advertising.
- Budweiser Puppies – No! A-B In Bev’s marketing VP, has recently said that while everyone “loves” the puppies “they didn’t sell beer”. The iconic Clydesdales however, will likely appear in an A-B In Bev SB
- Coca Cola and Pepsi will both be at SB 50 with Pepsi also being the ½ time sponsor, again.
- Hyundai (the NFL’s new auto sponsor) SB advertised from 2008-14. It will reappear with 2-30 sec “in game” spots & a 1 min “pre kick spot”. It will also have a strong digital presence & 400 promo vehicles used for the SB in SF.
- Intuit has revealed reveals its final 3 small biz ads with the winner to receive a SB
- KIA, a sister to South Korean stablemate Hyundai will run a 1 min comm’l in the 3rd Q. (If we marry Hyundai & KIA, they will have more time [3 min] than any other SB advertiser this side of AB-In Bev. WOW!)
- Mars’ Skittles & Snickers will both advertise “in game” during SB 50.
- Nationwide will NOT be advertising in SB 50 after its “dead boy” ad last yr (XLIX) though it is the sponsor of the Walter Payton Man of the Yr Award for excellence in charity work & on the field. Nationwide is also the official insurance sponsor of the NFL.
- Squarespace’s 30 sec for the 3rd consecutive yr offers itself as a “good designer” in the “ugly internet”.
Security was going to be very strong b-4 Paris and now it will rival the 2002 SB (after 9/11/01). SB 50 has been labeled as a “Level One” threat. (NBC, Bay Area, Michelle Roberts). New tech may well be used (it is better & faster than any security tech used anywhere in the US, today, ABC 27 News by Vince Cestone, KRON TV.)
While the European Broadcast of SB XLIX only drew of 3.5 M, the NFL wants much better from SB 50 even though the game starts at 11½ PM (UK time). SNOOZE! The NFL continues to want TDs in Europe!
CBS the bridesmaid for SB I is the bride for SB 50. The only time that there were 2 networks televising the SB was in 1967. On 1/15/67, NBC (the NFL’s network) AND CBS, (the network of the “new” AFL), both televised the game. Generally SB I ads were reported costing $40,000 for ½ min. NBC ads cost $42,500. The AFL’s network only pd $37,500. Well sports fans, we know which network gets the big bucks this time!