Mike contributed to Warren Pierce’s report on Xmas Sales & Boxing Day (WJR, 760AM) on Wed 12/26/18. They discussed Xmas and Super Sat. Also, they reviewed Boxing Day.
Mike contributed to Jack Lessenberry’s report (Fri, 12-07-2018, 910AM Superstation) on how the current holiday shopping season is shaping up. Mike talked about recent Black Friday weekend sales figures and what it could mean for the rest of the season. He also pointed out the division and unity between online and in-store shopping.
Mike contributed to Charles Crumm and Norb Franz’s article on holiday spending (Oakland Press). The NRF predicts a 4.1% increase in spending this holiday season.
Mike contributed to Gary Gastelu’s article on Cadillac’s new presidential limousine (Fox News). Associating with President Trump is a risky business, as GM opts to forgo a press release announcing the new vehicle. This is in stark contrast to the fan-fair that surround President Obama’s new limousine.
Mike contributed to Murray Feldman’s (WWJ) report on Giving Tuesday.
- In 2017 charitable contributions were up 5.2% to $410 B +
- TOP donors are Individuals (69.9%), Foundations (16.3%) and Charitable Bequests (8.7%)
- TOP recipients are Religion (31.1%), Education (14.4%) and Human Services (12.2%).
Mike contributed to Gene Fogel’s (WJR 760 AM) report on Thanksgiving weekend spending. 34 M+ folks shopping on Thanksgiving.
- 116 M folks shopped on Black Friday
- 32 M going to shop on Sunday
- 75 M shop on Cyber Monday
- 67 M shop on Small Business Saturday
- Folks spent about $1 B with a growth of 5%± over last yr
This report aired at 1PM and 2 PM on 11/24/18
On Friday 12/07/2018 at 3:20PM & 6:20PM, Mike will contribute to Murray Feldman’s (WWJ Newsradio 950) report on Holiday Sales. It was based off Scope Vol 28 Iss 99. They discussed Nov-Dec sales from autos to jewelry and how such a large % of yearly sales belong to these holiday months.
Mike contributed to Gene Fogel’s (WJR 760 AM) report on the growth and changes in the holiday shopping season.
- Consumers will spend over $1 T this holiday season, an increase of almost 6% over 2017.
- Retailers such as JC Penny, Target and Amazon are offering strong incentives to hire part time workers this holiday season.
- The most popular gifts this holiday season are:
- 68% want gift cards
- 53% want clothes
- 29% want electronics
- 22% want jewelry
Mike contributed to Rob Mason’s report (WWJ) on the trend of negative political ads and their effect on voters during the mid-term elections.
Mike will contribute to Beth Fisher’s (WWJ Newsradio 950) discussion regarding “Xmas Creep” and Holiday Employment on Fri (11/02/18).